Today we are very pleased to announce our full list of Volunteer Expedition dates for 2015~!
These programmes are available to all Paramedics, Ambulance Officers, Paramedic students, Nurses and a range of other prehospital (and allied health) disciplines.
The dates for the remainder of 2015 are as follows:
May: 16th May – 29th May
June: 7th June – 21st June
July: 2nd July – 16th July
July: 24th July – 7th August
August: 15th August – 29th August
September: 6th to 20th September
October: 1st October to 15th October
November: 15th November to 29th December
December: 5th December to 19th December
December: 26th December to 9th January
Groups are small (there are only 5 positions available each month), the travel is tough and the work sometimes challenging…but there is one thing we can DEFINITELY guarantee: this is the experience of a lifetime and you will walk away a changed person!!
If you (or someone you know) is interested, please complete the following steps:
1) Shoot us a short CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing too special or professional, but rather just a way of introducing yourself, your hobbies, travel experience etc etc.
Please be sure to include a suitable profile picture.
2) Go to the ‘Resources’ page on the BPM website and have a read through the Volunteers Booklet you can download there. Please pay PARTICULAR attention to page 11. Read it, think it over, then re-read it again…please!
3)Please see below for an example of the 14-day programme, along with affiliated costs and inclusions.
4) Please stay in touch by clickin any of the ‘follow’ links on the right of the BPM homepage.
We really hope to hear from plenty of inspiring people soon!
– Airport pickup and drop-off service on arrival and departure by BPM/MCHC personnel
– First night’s accommodation in Kathmandu: twin-share room in Hotel Bubo (Kathmandu)
– Personal Guide services in and around Kathmandu- walking tours to cultural sites, shopping etc.
– Welcome Dinner on day of arrival at traditional Nepalese Restaurant (includes cultural and traditional music performances)
– Private jeep transport to Kerasawara village
– All meals and expenses during transport to-and-from Kerasawara village
– Porters in/out of Kerasawara village if required
– Lodging for 13 nights in Kerasawara village
– All basic meals (3 meals/ day) whilst in Kerasawara village
– Local food and beverage tastings
– Accompanying interpreter and coverage of all his/her expenses
– Trekking guides for all day-trips whilst in Kerasawara village (including porter if needed)
– Clinical involvement in all MCHC activities
– Community volunteer projects whilst in Kerasawara village
– Small donation towards the operation of the MCHC
– Dedicated Homestay Host and amazingly hospitable family to assist with anything you require!
– Festivals, Festivals, Festivals!!
COST: NRs 92,000 (approx. AUD$1020). Payable to BPM staff upon arrival in Nepal.